LGCTipsVideos

Board Maintenance: Bearings!

14 Comments

• AdamItinerant says:

Hey, looking forward to.the.series but shouldn’t we be rinsing off the.solvent too? Without doing that the solvent residue will.dissolve the lube. An alcohol rinse? What lube are you using? Ta.

• Lisa says:

Acetone evaporates really quick, that’s why it’s cold to the touch. The colder a substance is in room temperature the easily it evaporates (ice, liquid nitrogen…etc). So the acetone won’t do any harm to your lube. Also I’m using machine oil lube for like sewing machines and stuff.

• AdamItinerant says:

• Lisa says:

• jimmyjamz says:

What a great series! Thanks for doing this!

A little tip from me would be to spray them with some compressed air after you are done soaking.

• jimmyjamz says:

What a great series! Thanks for doing this!

• christine says:

great vid! how do you know when its time to clean your bearings?

• christine says:

great vid! how do you know when its time to clean your bearings?

• Flood says:

Using an old jar instead of a bowl means you can swirl the bearings about,ndislodging more grime and also keeping you safe from the chemicals you are using. This also can be used to reuse your cleaning fluid later

• Flood says:

• Derek says:

Does anybody know if acetone will harm my ceramic bearings?

• Derek says:

Does anybody know if acetone will harm my ceramic bearings?

• Walter says:

Lisa, thanks for sharing. I just bought a Sector 9 Bamboo Lookout Drop, and I wonder how frequent should I clean the bearings? And would acetone harms my ceramics bearings?

• Walter says: