ImportantsTips

It’s all about boards

By September 6, 2011 8 Comments

Congratulations! So you want to start practicing longboard, way to go!.
Many of you relay on our criteria and think we can help you pick your new longboard. Although we could give you a few brands and tips, this is a very important decision making (well, not as important as buying your house, car or picking your soul mate for life, but close) which we believe it’s totally personal and depends on many factors which you shouldn’t left unnoticed. But we found a pretty cool and complete article at silverfish which explains in a funny way all you need to know to start understanding boards and how to pick the right one.
We couldn’t explain it in a better way than Steve C does “Don’t pick or design a board based solely on how it looks, it’s not a handbag, a pretty picture or a t-shirt, it’s a skateboard, you put your life on it”
This article is very clear and will make your life a little bit less complicated while choosing your new friend which will hopefully be there for you a long time.
Hope you find this information helpful, and hey, as important as picking your new friend is getting protection gear, so don’t forget to get some before getting started and wear it all the time!

Thanks Steve C and the Silverfish team for the great work you do on illustrating the longboard community about technical and safety recommendations.

8 Comments

• Katheryn says:

i reckon longboarding suits girls since it is not like street-skate not that aggressive it’s in some way more artistic so to speak 🙂

• Katheryn says:

• sammy says:

where would i get a long board?

• sammy says:

where would i get a long board?

• emily says:

I loved this. I’m 18 and have been riding skateboards (no tricks just riding around)since i was about 9 or 10.

recently I’ve gotten an old 70s style ‘longboard’ and i love carving and cruising on it. for about a year or so I’ve been looking for the perfect longboard for me.
    i want between 36″-40″ dust for beach cruising and basic carving around.
    i don’t know whether or not to get a pintail, kick tail, or what types of bearings etc. price is also a restriction. help me out if you can

• emily says:

i want between 36″-40″ dust for beach cruising and basic carving around.

• nzo says:

Thank’s for infomations, I use it to make a 3d board maker with opensource software Blender 3D.
    You can get it http://sk8designer.tumblr.com