• Board Maintenance: Bearings!

Lisa Li, one of the LGC Canada ambassadors is preparing nice tutorial series about board maintenance. Here her first video dedicated to Bearings. Hope you find it usefull!

Related Posts

• Hannah B Boards Hand Made By Hannah B.

A couple weeks ago, I walked into the skate and surf warehouse I’ve been frequenting in Southern California after lunch and was told I was blowing it, because I’d just missed Hannah B, the local [&hellip

• DoItYourself series by StepByStep Collective

Linoleum is the second chapter of these series produced by StepbyStep Collective, a group of friends and colleagues that share the same beliefs based on the idea that all things in life deserve to be seen and done with [&hellip

• Board Maintenance: Grip Tape!

A special guest on the second part of Lisa Li’s board maintenance tutorial, this time on Grip tape! Funny and illustrating.

Discussion 6 Responses

1. 27/03/2012 at 10:53 am

Hey, looking forward to.the.series but shouldn’t we be rinsing off the.solvent too? Without doing that the solvent residue will.dissolve the lube. An alcohol rinse? What lube are you using? Ta.

• 27/03/2012 at 10:48 pm

Acetone evaporates really quick, that’s why it’s cold to the touch. The colder a substance is in room temperature the easily it evaporates (ice, liquid nitrogen…etc). So the acetone won’t do any harm to your lube. Also I’m using machine oil lube for like sewing machines and stuff.

2. 27/03/2012 at 1:12 pm

What a great series! Thanks for doing this!

A little tip from me would be to spray them with some compressed air after you are done soaking.

3. 15/05/2012 at 3:34 pm

great vid! how do you know when its time to clean your bearings?

4. 16/05/2012 at 10:44 am

Using an old jar instead of a bowl means you can swirl the bearings about,ndislodging more grime and also keeping you safe from the chemicals you are using. This also can be used to reuse your cleaning fluid later

5. 10/03/2014 at 4:21 am

Does anybody know if acetone will harm my ceramic bearings?